André Jacobs is the Chief of Product Engineering at IoT.nxt where he is responsible for the company’s global software and hardware engineering.
He was one of the very first employees to join IoT.nxt in the early start-up phase when the company was established in late 2015. He is currently managing several teams across many disciplines, including but not limited to Business Analysis, Software Development, Quality Assurance, DevOps, AI/ML Engineering, and Security Testing and Engineering responsible for developing a comprehensive IoT suite of software platforms and products, as well as all the hardware designs for proprietary hardware devices used in conjunction with the firm’s software products.
André has a solid background in software development and extensive product development knowledge and have worked closely with hundreds of businesses to design, develop and implement complex, enterprise mission critical software systems over the last 25 years.
He has quickly established himself at C-level and for the last 14 years he has been key in driving company strategy and innovation. He has been a key member of several start-up businesses that have grown incredibly well, allowing 3 of these to be sold partially or fully to realise maximum value for the founding shareholders, each in 5 years or less.
In August 2019, less than 4 years after IoT.nxt was founded, Vodacom acquired a 51% stake in the business for R1 billion, of which R469 million was settled in cash, with the remainder being contingent on the future performance of the business.
Awards achieved with his current company, IoT.nxt:
- Awarded with the coveted IoT.nxt Executive Darth Vader award in 2020. Recognized by IoT.nxt’s CEO, Nico Steyn, for his “resolve to get the job done, a team player, an amazing leader, and visionary.”
- Top Technology 100 finalist in 2020 in the following categories: Excellence in- Management of Systems, Management of Innovation, Management of People, and Sustainability.
- Winner Top Technology 100 Award for Excellence in the Management of Technology 2019.
- Top Technology 100 finalist in 2019 in the following categories: Excellence in- Management of Systems, Management of Innovation, Management of People, Sustainability, Best Innovation Concept: SDDI, Best Innovation Concept: Entity Model, and Department of Science and Technology Minister Award for Overall Excellence.
- Microsoft South African Partner of the year award 2019.
- Gartner notable vendor list for Industrial IoT 2019.
- Received the special Jedi Award for best IoT.nxt employee of the year 2018.
- MTN Business – Mind2Machine Best Commercial IoT Solution 2017.
- MTN Business – Mind2Machine overall winner 2017.
- Top Technology 100 Finalist for Management of innovation 2016.
- Gartner Aspiring Innovator 2016.