IITPSA Special Advisory Notice: precautionary measures around COVID-19
In line with efforts to mitigate risk and curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and following on the South African President’s announcements on 15 March, the Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (IITPSA) is introducing the following precautionary measures with immediate effect:
- All meetings and events will be held virtually until further notice.
- The IITPSA Chapter events scheduled for 25 March in Durban (KZN Chapter) and 26 March in Cape Town (Western Cape Chapter) will now take place as web conferences. Members are invited to continue registering for these events, and connection details will be shared with attendees shortly.
- IITPSA staff have suspended all national travel until the end of April 2020.
- The IITPSA office will continue to function during normal office hours.
- Critical skills certifications and membership documents will be couriered directly to members until 30 April, at which time protocols will be reviewed.
- Applicants and members are kindly requested to not visit the IITPSA Offices to collect or deliver documents but to call or email the IITPSA to ensure that courier delivery addresses for you are correct.
- The DevConf event will go ahead as a virtual event, instead of an in-person event. Please follow the DevConf site for updates and information. Our delegate ticket giveaways to this event will still go ahead and two IITPSA member winners will be selected from the entries received by the 18th of March.
These measures will be implemented until 30 April 2020 but will be continually reviewed as the situation develops. The IITPSA will make use of email and social media to provide updates in this regard so please monitor these channels.
We encourage our members to strive for business as usual, within the parameters of the precautions that need to be taken to curb the spread of COVID-19. As ICT professionals, we have a duty of care to prepare and innovate, for risks such as these, and we can lead the way in guiding the country to leverage technology to continue business during this disruptive time.