Welcome to the Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa
This website is an online resource for South Africa’s professional body of ICT practitioners. The Institute, formerly Computer Society South Africa (CSSA), actively engages with Commerce, Industry and Government in order to influence policy formulation on behalf of both its own members and other stakeholders. The Institute also encourages the growth of professionalism, and the responsible and professional use of Information and Communications Technology throughout the South African economy.
Mteto Nyati, Microsoft SA MD, and Barry Dwolatzky, director of the Joburg Centre for Software Engineering, are the co-winners of 2013 IT Personality of the Year award, while Sal Laher, CIO of Eskom, was named the 2013 Visionary CIO of the Year winner. The winners were announced during the IITPSA President's Awards ceremony held at Montecasino on Thursday 07 November 2013. The Distinguished Service in ICT Award, together with an Honorary Fellowship of the Institute (IITPSA), was awarded to industry stalwart and commentator, Arthur Goldstuck, whilst ooba was named IT Leading Employer of the Year for 2013, with the other two finalists being SQS Group Ltd and 2Cana Solutions. Click here to read more...
20 Dec. 2013: The IITPSA National Offices will close for our year-end break and will reopen at 08h00 on Monday, 13 January 2014.
February. 2014: Enterprise Architecture Seminar. Information Security in the realm of Enterprise Architecture. To read more click here.
Being associated with a SAQA recognised Professional Body that has the interests of the ICT profession at heart is the primary benefit of being a member of the IITPSA. Using the post-nominals "AMIITPSA" and "MIITPSA", or the registered professional designation "PMIITPSA" after your name tells everyone that you are serious about your profession and your career. Members have access to various ''''in-service'''' benefits such as discounted entry to ICT related conferences, workshops and seminars, as well as benefiting from a number of product discounts and the monthly e-Newsletter. Reciprocal membership agreements with like-minded professional bodies in other countries also offer significant cost-savings to our members.
What does it mean to be an ICT Professional and Member of IITPSA?
- Behaving in a professional manner and abiding by the codes of conduct and practice of the Society
- Continuing to develop oneself through the life-long learning (LLL) and continuing professional development (CPD) programmes
- Participating in the affairs of the Society and contributing to the growth and sharing of knowledge and expertise
- Helping to mentor and guide young people either entering, or already in the profession.
February 25, 2014 @ 08:00 - 13:00
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Telkom invests R12 billion in broadband networkTelkom says there is much happening behind the scenes with significant investment in transport, aggregation and access networks supporting the...
- Mainframe no dinosaurThe mainframe is not going away. In fact, uptake is increasing globally and the mainframe is more flexible than ever before,...