IITPSA, The Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa, formerly Computer Society South Africa (CSSA), is a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) recognised Professional Body for South Africa’s professional community of ICT practitioners.
Did you know …?
Did you know that IITPSA is the only South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) recognised professional body for ICT Practitioners in South Africa?
Did you know that the professional designation of the Institute – PMIITPSA (Professional Member of IITPSA) is registered by SAQA on the National Qualifications Framework?
Did you know that all Professional Members commit to an ongoing programme of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for the rest of their professional careers?
Did you know that, if you are an IITPSA Full Member in good standing with:
- 2 or more years continuous IITPSA membership
- A three-year ICT related degree (or equivalent)
- 8.3 or more year’s relevant ICT experience
You may meet the requirements to be awarded the grade and designation of Professional Member?
Please note the following important Dates:
May 25, 2016: SASTQB TestIT Africa Conference teaser and latest ISTQB news – Read more…
May 26, 2016: Gauteng Chapter “Cheese and Wine” Evening – Read more…
June 23, 2016: IITPSA Gauteng Chapter AGM – Read more…
Being associated with a SAQA recognised Professional Body that has the interests of the ICT profession at heart is the primary benefit of being a member of the IITPSA. Using the post-nominals “AMIITPSA” and “MIITPSA”, or the registered professional designation “PMIITPSA” after your name tells everyone that you are serious about your profession and your career.
Members have access to various ”in-service” benefits such as discounted entry to ICT related conferences, workshops and seminars, as well as benefiting from a number of product discounts and the monthly e-Newsletter. Reciprocal membership agreements with like-minded professional bodies in other countries also offer significant cost-savings to our members.
Professionalism in ICT
What does it mean to be an ICT Professional and Member of IITPSA?
- Behaving in a professional manner and abiding by the codes of conduct and practice of the Institute.
- Continuing to develop oneself through the life-long learning (LLL) and continuing professional development (CPD) programmes.
- Participating in the affairs of the Society and contributing to the growth and sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Helping to mentor and guide young people either entering, or already in the profession.
June 23 @ 17:30 - 19:00