Upon joining Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa , all IITPSA Members undertake to abide by the IITPSA Code of Conduct, which is summarised as follows:
A member of Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa will:
* Act at all times with integrity
* Act with complete loyalty towards a client when entrusted with confidential information
* Act with impartiality when purporting to give independent advice and must disclose any relevant interests
* Accept full responsibility for any work undertaken and will construct and deliver that which has been agreed upon
* Not engage in discriminatory practices in professional activities on any basis whatsoever
* Not seek personal advantage to the detriment of the Institute, and will actively seek to enhance the image of the Institute.
The Code of Conduct is supported by the complementary Code of Practice, which spells out for members, in more detail, the ways in which they are expected to exercise their professional competence. Members of the public who have any concerns about the professional behaviour or conduct of any Member (and especially any Professional Member) of the Computer Institute and their adherence to the IITPSA Codes may refer their concerns in writing to the IITPSA Executive Director. The Executive Director will refer the complaint to the IITPSA Executive Council who, in turn, may refer it to a IITPSA Committee of Enquiry for consideration. If sufficient grounds are established, the Committee of Enquiry will refer the complaint to the IITPSA Disciplinary Committee for review and action where appropriate. This process will always be governed by the IITPSA’s rules, regulations and procedures in force at the time.
Notes: In the interest of the public, the highest standard will be expected of those members in public practice who, by the nature of their work, accept personal responsibility for what they undertake. The Institute has no legal standing between a member and his/her employer, whether an individual or a company. Where appropriate, the IITPSA will give full support for the ethical stand taken by a member who loses a job, or is in danger of doing so, and of censuring the employer who seeks to place the member in a position which could cause violation of the Institute’s Code of Conduct.
August 22 @ 17:30 - 20:30
August 28 @ 08:30 - August 29 @ 16:00
August 28 @ 08:30 - 11:00
“Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things” (It’s very simple, until you start understanding it.) An IITPSA Eastern Cape Chapter EventAugust 29 @ 16:30 - 18:00
August 30 @ 12:00 - 15:00