COVID-19 Corona Virus South African Resource Portal
IITPSA: Operational Continuity during lockdown
On 23 March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the escalation of measures that had been implemented 9 days earlier in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by declaring a nationwide lockdown to take effect from 26 March 2020. Of course, this is not unique to South Africa and the entire world is following the path of taking exceptional action to combat the exceptional threat. IITPSA fully supports the actions announced by the State President. As we move into what promises to be one of the toughest periods in our history, your membership of the Institute is an important link to the network of ICT professionals that enables us to share ideas and identify solutions to the problems of managing this pandemic and its aftermath. IITPSA will continue to work in the interests of its members as a virtual organisation, effective 27 March 2020. Read more….
Did you know that the professional designation of the Institute – PMIITPSA (Professional Member of IITPSA) is registered by SAQA on the National Qualifications Framework? Did you know that all Professional Members commit to an ongoing programme of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for the rest of their professional careers?
Did you know that, if you are an IITPSA Full Member in good standing with:
Two or more years continuous IITPSA membership
A three-year ICT related degree (or equivalent)
More than Eight year’s relevant ICT experience
You may meet the requirements to be awarded the grade and designation of Professional Member?
IMPORTANT NOTICE – IITPSA: We will be operating virtually during lockdown
IITPSA will continue to work in the interests of its members as a virtual organisation, effective 27 March 2020. Our staff are equipped to work from home and will carry out such tasks as are feasible in this mode. All our email addresses remain in use, and we have set up a new contact number 087 655 1679 that will enable you to be connected to the appropriate staff member, during normal working hours. You can also find this and other information on our website (www.iitpsa.org.za), together with the latest news of our virtual events.
- Behaving in a professional manner and abiding by the codes of conduct and practice of the Institute.
- Continuing to develop oneself through the life-long learning (LLL) and continuing professional development (CPD) programmes.
- Participating in the affairs of the Institute and contributing to the growth and sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Helping to mentor and guide young people either entering, or already in the profession.
March 16th, 2020
In line with efforts to mitigate risk and curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and follo[...]
- Adobe Stock enabling a new generation of creativity March 29, 2020Adobe Stock leverages artificial intelligence to create end-to-end experiences and workflows that help creatives tell stories.
- Bringing the cloud to Africa March 29, 2020Cities like Kigali and Nairobi are emerging as ICT hubs alongside more established locations like SA, says Stephane Duproz, the CEO of Africa Data Centres.